August 16, 2010

the crib.

Being a mother seems to be one of the most difficult things i have done and continue to do on a daily basis. Nora is only a year old and already i am hit with so many decisions to be made. From how to disipline her to (unfortunatly) trying to find the best way to get her to sleep in her own crib, after letting her sleep with us since she was born. Tonight, while trying to put her to sleep (this seems to usually take an hour to an hour and a half, depending) i remember just thinking to myself..

"this, again? How much longer will it take? I've put all my energy into trying to get her to sleep in her crib. Read all the books. I've gotten other seasoned mothers opinions, nothing has worked."

I was to the point, as silly as it sounds, to just give up. Let her come back into bed with us and be done with it. As soon as the thought ran through my head, another one followed...

" Kaela, with your eyes on your own strength you are getting no where, turn your eyes, put your trust in ME."

I have recently felt like the Lord has been telling me to trust Him more. I'm always the type of person that needs an example, a picture, a visual to go along with any sort of teaching.. Well it was as if He had given me that tonight. I'm always saying, how can I trust you more, in what aspect of my life? What situation can I give to you? What does it look like to give it up?

Tonight, I am going to bed with a new peace. Knowing that I don't have to have all the answers. Tonight, I am going to bed praying that the Holy Spirit may guide me, and shape me, and lead me, and teach me what it looks like to be a mother. That i may not depend on my own strength, but Christ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment